I'm setting this post to be published at 11:59 pm, Central time so that my title is accurate.
*
Sometimes I have to fight to impulse to promise you One Photo a Day for a Year, Ten Years, A Life!
I can't promise you that. You, who predominantly represent my projected ideas of this subjective self.
I've been feeling moody about sharing -- not about the nature of sharing but about the formats.
I blame Ronnie who, yesterday, asked about the availability of a book I made of my own work a year ago.
One copy exists, and it collects dust on my bookshelf.
I have this outlet -- the internet, a blog, many blogs -- on which to share daily;
this prevents me from wanting to make a book or a journal or a chapbook or a magazine every year (a la many spectacular poets).
If I did not share here, what would be my reasons not to collect my images in a hardbound form?
This is what I ask myself today. As I post a photograph I made Today.


1 comment:
I look upon all your shared content combined as a work of art in progress, a for ever unfinished gesamtkunstwerk. I think that this is a new and interesting and important artformat. I agree with you however that "a book" a structured limited and timestamped compilation of materials has its own strength, its own beauty. I do not see a contradiction between the two formats however. You should do both?
Post a Comment