I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lou Noble interviewed me for The Photographic Journal. It's available to read as of Now.



In it we talk about spectator addiction, trap doors in the body, removal of the word 'ownership,' collaboration as a risk, clear blue boxes (in my nightmares), my inability to let go of themes, the platform of rejection, the encouragement of titillation, pretty doing as pretty is, self-built barriers as means of self-control and capital-P Passion.

Here's the link again, in case clicking the above photo fails you:

http://thephotographicjournal.com/interviews/traci-matlock/


*


Photographs included with the interview include work made of&with:
Ash LaRose
Brittany Havican
Am Montoya
Erica Jay
Eli Hollow
Modi Meshell
Christy Bankston
Cat Nguyen

2 comments:

zioluc said...

Great interview, I follow your work from the early days of flickr and I have always been very curious about your motivations and reactions. Best parts for me:
to know what you love in any form of art
to define in words what you want from your work
dealing with the reactions of the subject

Unknown said...

Being a full time mum of 3-month old baby. I used to be looking for an apportunity during which I could earn from house while helping other individuals in this area. Thanks for the information on this site. I have recently commenced my own online discussion board. I appreciate your experience and guidance on how to help other individuals. This is a hobby of mine. click here to know more about clipping path.