![]() |
| Same Night, Different Day |
I had a lightbulb-above-the-head thought -- dare I say an epiphany? -- twice now in the same twenty-four hours.
Both times about machines and mirrors and projected spaces.
Embarrassingly I admit to thinking (for the first time in my adult life): I should write about this!
Can I blame this on having used my camera more over the weekend than in the month of November and most of October?
Years ago in an interview I said that I did not fear losing the desire to make photographs.
That if the door shut on the impetus, I wouldn't grieve it.
Suddenly the habit of creating with the camera disappeared. Sharing what was made with it disappeared a little too.
If anything, the loss was helpful, reorganizing, spectacular in its distance. I wonder how much I willed its absence.
The act of losing is always active, isn't it?


1 comment:
That's one of the scariest pictures you've ever posted. It's like a still from a David Lynch film.
Post a Comment