Brittany and I had tentatively planned to tentatively talk yesterday and tentatively get together if we both had time and impetus.
But, school's at its close this semester, and I am trapped with a couple of long papers due quite soon.
I wanted to say yes, but I had to say no. And then, an hour or so later while looking at a blank sheet of paper, I reneged my no.
Actually, it read more like this,
"Dear Brittany, I wouldn't kick you out if you just happened to show up at my door today."
But because I rammed my stubborn head into my paper after pressing Send, I missed the hidden note on her blog (see below).
When she showed up at my door (as not-so-subtly suggested) in the early afternoon, I was trying to finish my first cup of coffee and read an article by Friedrich Kittler on cities as machines.
Thankfully she saved me!
By the time I had to leave for class we had listened to 90's rap, booty-danced, rolled around on the floor in great lighting, shot dirty cell-phone photos, got caught in a light sprinkle, found the burrs in my backyard (via the Bunny's tender foot), traded shoes, magazines and plants and shared a grapefruit dabbed with brown sugar.
Thankfully she saved me!
By the time I had to leave for class we had listened to 90's rap, booty-danced, rolled around on the floor in great lighting, shot dirty cell-phone photos, got caught in a light sprinkle, found the burrs in my backyard (via the Bunny's tender foot), traded shoes, magazines and plants and shared a grapefruit dabbed with brown sugar.
* * *


No comments:
Post a Comment