I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Saturday, July 21, 2012

(Until It Did Not)

Since I've traveled home from New York, it has rained almost every day in Houston.
Clouds amongst the sunlight:

(shot from the plane, while flying)

I've resisted saying/writing this since there's a drought almost everywhere else.

But, to rub it in for a second, it's been pretty pleasant here.
The weather's, well, fine.
Lots of days that look like this:

(shot from the car, while driving)

Wednesday I was taking a bath when Rose pointed out that an intense rainstorm had begun amongst the sunlight.
I rinsed the milk out of my hair (long story) and ran to see it.
It looked like this:

(shot from the patio, while drying)

Today I sat alone on the patio of a burrito shack and read a book in the shade -- at two in the afternoon.
There was a wind! I never broke a sweat!

However, it did not rain today.
 It rained every day for fourteen days.

It rained until it did not.
Something about the truth of that scares me.






No comments: