I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wrote Virginia Woolf,

Alone, I often fall down into nothingness.

I must push my foot stealthily
lest I should fall off the edge of the world into nothingness.

I have to bang my head against
some hard door
to call myself back to the body.

* * *


Horizon, shift upright, hoist me with you, upright too, facing forward.

My gratitude in one hand, grief in the other.
I carry them like a gift, but they are not for anyone else and they are not precious.
Though in moments they seem made of blush and breath.



The earth under my feet/feat like a buoy in the waves.


But I balance. And sometimes I dance.
Lest I 'fall off the edge of the world into nothingness.' 

From the shore, could it look like my body moves atop the water?

For whomever is sitting there in the sand, 
glance up to see me perform these miracles.

I will throw my hands in the air occasionally -- 
to call myself back to the body.


Not drowning but waving.

No comments: