AT: In Russian, "nostalghia" is an illness, a life-threatening disease.
IB: It is very tempting to break with everything.
AT: Tempting? That it is.
IB: It is also an opportunity.
AT: It is not an opportunity.
IB: It isn't?
![]() |
| (giving up is easy) |
[and then later]
AT: How could we find ways to come to an agreement in this divided world? It can only be achieved through mutual sacrifice. Someone who isn't able to sacrifice can't expect anything.
IB: Are you yourself able to sacrifice?
AT: That's hard to say. I am just as unable as anyone else. But I hope I will be able to do so. I hope so [...]
IB: And how will you achieve that?
AT: How? I don't know. By living in a decent manner in my striving for what I believe in. But my profession is a hindrance. I am not sure that what I do professionally is really necessary, if I should go on doing it.
AT: How? I don't know. By living in a decent manner in my striving for what I believe in. But my profession is a hindrance. I am not sure that what I do professionally is really necessary, if I should go on doing it.
IB: What would you like to do?
AT: Sometimes my field of work seems ridiculous to me. There are things that are more important. How to approach those things, how to find yourself in them, if there is a positive way in art at all, that is the question.



No comments:
Post a Comment