I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Everything is summer today.

Texas summer. I'm muggy at best. I'm banana leaves at the upstairs morning light window. 
See?


This is / that was
right now.

*

I have more than I know what to do with.
I have more than I know.

I'm having a party in less than two weeks. I slept about two hours last night.
I've been consciously trying to wear less in public since I noticed how much I cover up, unconsciously, without wanting to, feeling that I have to.

You probably wouldn't get this from photos. Various states of undress, always here.
But this is my projected self, and I pass very few judgements about that person, she her I.
I am lucky this way. For some of my friends it is the opposite.

I am heading to the beach today.
I have two entire rolls of film I want to share with you, but I am holding onto them for my shared project with Bashfulleigh instead. Holding-hiding those makes me want to shoot more. This is a pattern with which I can work.

Partially, it is summer. Partially it is everyone in Texas thinking about the good weather knocking on the state line above us.
Let us get out of the 90's at night at least.
But this is when the best things happen. Did I say I'm throwing a party?

It will have nothing to do with the photos below this, not in actual means.
Though I'm looking at these photographs as memory for a spiritual jumping-off point.

A cliff from which to spring. A cliff from which to fall.  
A cliff from which to summer.



salmon bra, chicken legs, jean shorts, teeth: The Bunny


No comments: