I've been spending most of my photo time in downtown Houston -- either shooting or printing.
And because I don't have a decent black and white scanner, I can't really share what I'm making with you.
And because I can't impulsively share with you, I'm amassing a bunch of things no one has seen but me.
Yet even that's misleading because when the fiber prints dry, I put them on the bottom of a pile of other prints and press them with the heaviest books I own. Which means I never look at them after printing them.
I'm tentative to theorize on what's happening with my work because of this change.
Or, I'm tentative to theorize Out Loud or in writing.
If you've seen me lately in person, I've probably accidentally brought up a few of my ideas,
some new ways of expressing what I put in the frame... and why.
(AND. Most importantly (to me) is the couple of photographers with whom I've been a bit obsessive lately.)
But when Dawn came to visit, I had to relearn a little of what I spent quite a bit of the last few years shooting.
It wasn't exactly awkward to use my camera in this way again -- the company saved me! --
but it was interesting to feel the difference in my eye and my fingers.
You won't be able to tell in the photos, but I know. And that makes me want to share most of one roll here.
To remind me of this valley burrowing in (or out?) of me.
It feels like learning the alphabet in a different order.
*
*
*










1 comment:
I think this is one of the best in the series of multiple exposures, and that's saying a lot.
Post a Comment