I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Monday, October 8, 2012

Further Fetched.

Three days in the row I've awoken with explicit, detailed memories of my dreams.

Maybe it's because I'm full of anxiety from having to give a talk this evening, maybe it's discomfort from shoulder pain. Whatever their source -- three nights in a row. Good, palpable dreams too. Like reading twenty pages from the exact middle of a forgotten surrealist novel while drinking mezcal. (Pretty good idea, actually.)

Two nights ago, that one was definitely a dream: joy, oddity, language games, expanse.
Last night and the night before, I'd call these nightmares if that didn't suggest I want them to stop.

By no means do I want them to stop!

I waken with my head on my pillow (sweating) and, two minutes later, am making coffee two, peaking my head out the front door to check the temperature. No hundred cats, no staircases with walls built at the end, no newscaster auditions, no co-workers using false names, no fake words to read off a piece of paper, no forgetting your luggage, no not knowing it's lost, no audience of friends with sharp tongues, no mysterious body of water calling you from a distance.

But clear sensations, images of this and more. My memories (false or not) living such a full life lately.

This is a photo of a ship on the harbor from October 3rd, 2012 (almost midnight).

Oh, I just remembered! Yesterday someone showed me a very dirty video of a newscaster. Very very dirty.

Aren't we silly creatures? With so little subtlety we combine the erotic and the anxious!
Shouldn't I have to work harder to figure out these connections?

There are many reasons to speak / write / type / share. The further fetched, the better.

(Further Fetched. Isn't that lovely too?)




No comments: