I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Think Harder; Think Less.

Sometimes, no, often, people must follow my blog by accident. They must.

I post a photo of a naked girl that gets linked to me on someone's random Tumblr collection, and then a person who knows nothing about me 'follows' me. Only to -- a day later, realizing she/he has no interest in non-naked-girl photographs -- 'un-follow'' me.

(Should I not talk about this here? Should I say these types of things only vis-à-vis?)

This pattern could frustrate me. For creative/artistic/psychic/moralistic reasons. Instead, I live for it! 

Not that I want to make work that turns you all way, of course not! I could post privately, for myself and a few others (have done it, still at times do it). But a long time ago someone close to me said, "No one hangs around just for the nudity." And she has never been so right. With so much nakedness (and much of it supremely hot, much of it also by supremely talented photographers), there is no reason to read a blog like mine if nakedness is what you seek. 

Geez, this last week I don't remember being naked once! (Being sick makes you feel always clothed.)

So for you who stick around, I have no idea why you're here. I can only say thank you. I think thank you.



I'm feeling the weird space between rationality and dream-state. I can't tell which is which.



5 comments:

James Morris said...

I came for the nudity and stayed for the nakedness.

Pipo said...

you're very welcome! i follow your work since the rose & olive days, so that's why i'm here.

Thomas Ott said...

I'm only here for the food.

Wessel said...

It's the nakedness that trapped me three / four years ago.... I have to admit.

!!! said...

T, you get it
that's why we are here