Before I went out of town last weekend, I uploaded the photos/videos from a camera I've been using about twice a year for the last three or four years. It's a small digital camera that I bought for random reasons, and there are photos on it that I truly cannot place, some videos that are endearing and made me momentarily sentimental.
And then, there is this video.
It is situated between a video of a minor fireworks display and a video of my first time to be in a snowstorm. Shouldn't everyone have a video of sleeping girls on an airplane? I took a photo from this moment too (it looks exactly the same), but if I remember correctly, the second-closest woman to the camera was moments away from busting me while I shot this clip! Fun times.
And I mentioned this in my post with the photo, but I was reading Kawabata's The House of Sleeping Beauties around the time this was taken. Therefore I did not try to put my finger in any of their mouths.

2 comments:
This radio story reminded me of you, because of what I guess you could call creepiness.
http://www.studio360.org/2011/oct/07/she-sees-your-every-move/
Love it! Definitely more of an invasion question than in mine, and honestly I'm torn on its ethical debate. I think in Houston it's illegal to take a photo of the inside of someone's home, so (at least for now) I will have to live vicariously. I have been busted more than once shooting a photo of someone's house while their neighbor watched me. Luckily, when I take the house photos, I"m usually walking my dog, and he's a charmer that disarms even the toughest neighborhood watch.
Thank you so much for sharing, as always. I think you should move to Texas soon so we can have these chats in person over coffee or tea or cocktails.
Post a Comment