I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Sunday, December 14, 2014

This is a photo from a few years ago (2? 3?) when I visited Bashfulleigh in Vermont.


Right now I'm nursing a day-after-a-dance-party feeling.

My computer overlooks a window that overlooks a downtown that overlooks the rest of Houston.
It's warm outside. I'm doing what I can to get my feet out the door.

But next to me, close enough to touch, is a blue glass vase of orange flowers.
They are Past.
One by one they are drooping and dropping.

If I sit here long enough and look only at them, I can catch sight of one petal falling on the table as it falls.

They have the weight of words on a postcard.
They are wilted but still flesh-tender & they stack on the table like bandages.

No comments: