I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Strain valley, crooked bridge, scope history, afternoon body & hammer face.

Today is Ash LaRose's birthday.

She shares work: here, there, overthere and elsewhere.


I call her Bashfulleigh. Even if the bashful side is less significant now than it was when we met many  years ago.

(Does the characteristic which occurs in abundance in a person's presentation, 
with time, become their underground grace?)


Here are a set of portraits, snapshots & accidental exposures I made of her in May of 2013.
If I've shared them online before today, I did not repost them here. 
For example:


Also, my favorite images of Bashfulleigh --
three of them, all taken in the same week of her May visit to Houston, definitions of the sublime each,
one of which may be the best photo I've ever made, certainly by my own standards --
are not included.
 
Because one day I may want to ______ with them.
And I want my eyes, her eyes and your eyes to see them afresh.







2 comments:

H.O said...

very nice expression. I like your photography.

Ash LaRose said...

This is the sweetest birthday card, ever. *kiss kiss booty bump*