I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

'We ask ourselves if what had been, was.'

*
 
 [O]verlaying our memory [..] with daydreams 
leads us to the ill-defined, vaguely located areas
where we are seized with astonishment at being.
(Gaston Bachelard)

*




2 comments:

Stephen Paré said...

Really like #2, #10, and #12.

#2: the conflict between the institutional wall and the fluid medium that you seem to be swimming in (the color is complementary, the texture is contrary...). The trees amplifying, continuing your hair - confused with your hair, even, which makes it look like you're under water - this is the (virtuoso) element that raises this picture for me. The light traces on the left that "contaminate" the dull orange area...

Ziesdov61 said...

I like all of them, but the second one particularly has a Magritte-like feel to it.

I hope you are enjoying your time in New York, my home town.