I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Although it is true that I do cook more than what I am about to admit

(especially since, having sacrificed eating any but home cooked meals since the first of November, I cook quite often),

I consider myself fairly good (unbeatable? I'm willing to try!) in the kitchen in regards to only two things:

the perfectly boiled egg (with its almost wet and gloriously golden yolk) &
a rhubarb/strawberry compote (that pairs too well inside a made-from-scratch cornmeal heaven, I mean, pastry)

That is, until recently. For I can now, without question, add to this list hot cocoa.
And I do mean cocoa, because for my money (and, more importantly, my tastebuds) there is no comparison.

But really. I have a gift. Today with nutmeg and hazlenut and cayenne. Tomorrow -- who knows!


December 2012

I cannot decide whether it is more ridiculous that I have used a self-portrait as an excuse to write about hot cocoa
or hot cocoa as an excuse to share a self-portrait.

(Forgive me, one computer tab away I am finishing my second-to-last semester project. 
Goofy abounds.)


3 comments:

ineffablething said...

Why are you hiding?

Ash LaRose said...

You are freaking adorable.

Ash LaRose said...

You are freaking adorable.