I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Monday, October 1, 2012

It's The-Hand-Reaching that keeps us alive.

(Two images from December 2011 that I loved, lost to boredom and then love[d] again.)

I couldn't make work without being constantly unimpressed by what I make.
Each time I'm disappointed, I consider it a gift. The gift of pushing forward.

Pride, ego, vanity -- something allows me to not need (or even want) it to be good. Much less fulfilling.

It is not your business to determine how good it is, nor how valuable it is, nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work [...] No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction...
- Martha Graham

1 comment:

the river said...

Oh I like that quote..