I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Monday, May 28, 2012

Bad fences make good lovers (?).




Fences have played a fairly large in my life.
The short list for this post is:

Ten years ago, someone jumped a fence that would change every next step I took.
Last year, I did not jump a fence that still affects my steps today.
Recently, someone photographed a fence that means nothing to me, except that it is physically close.

What happens when you want to start again but too many fences have been built between you?
When, suddenly you realize, you've been constantly building fences?


1 comment:

XXXMedium (almost large) said...

I have never actually spent time thinking about fences in this way!

Physically...I fell off of a fence once and into the nastiest thorny bush known to man. To this day (20 years later) I still have its thorns trying to get of my body! Worst part was telling my Mom the following morning that I was swimming after hours in the local community pool and almost got picked by the cops. Oddly she didn't yell at me, she just grabbed a pair of tweezers and dug in!

One must constantly tent to the fences! As they allow all things to take place where they should but where things should take place always changes. Simply proof that we grow, right? Every once and a while we may challenge where a fence has been placed and have to pull thorns for years then again sometimes we can enjoy the unimaginable.

I got fences!