I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Bath, Two Nights Ago

I'm obviously not shy [...], but I'm private, which is different. But the idea is for me to be truly intimate, for me to be naked and raw. The fiction allows me to do what I need to do emotionally. 

- Nathan Englander on [this] episode of Fresh Air
(I read the title story of his book in the New Yorker a while back, and though I didn't want to like it, I very much did.)




3 comments:

the river said...

I listened to that very podcast three days ago...

traci lynn matlock said...

Did you like it, Greer? I personally found him incredibly funny, engaging and authentic. You can partially blame that on Terry Gross (who is the best contemporary interviewer, in my opinion), but he really did make me happy.

the river said...

Very much so! And more than I thought I might at the beginning. So interesting and engaging - and I laughed out loud at his mother's dire warnings about what might happen if he so much as ventured outside. Terry's wonderful. Happy to partially blame her, but Nathan's project was fascinating.