I'm Traci Lynn Matlock.
I live and work in Houston, Texas.

Mostly, I shoot old-fashioned film.


I share more: here

And I always like email:
turningthequickcartwheel at gmail

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

narrator one

self-portrait with dying plants and flash, Sunday

* * *

From the trailer for the 1961 French film Last Year at Marienbad  ~

narrator 1: What really happened last year?
narrator 1: These are the questions that you, the audience, must answer.
narrator 1: Pay attention: An object... A gesture... A setting...



2 comments:

Stephen Paré said...

A few traces of a human body amid dying things, and a momentary flash of light. Oh, yes, I've seen life that way. Not tragically, not materialistically, not as a story at all - not long enough to be one, really - a moment barely long enough to note the surroundings, not quite enough to have any real authentic emotion or preference, just an echo of wonder, starting to fill you up...

Of course it's on a Sunday.

traci lynn matlock said...

Gracious, Stephen. That was so beautifully written. Thank you.